Archive for March 1st, 2011

1
Mar

Conway Brothers Sell Store

   Posted by: admin    in Merchants, Moorland, Real estate

The Fort Dodge Messenger: March 1, 1904

Conway Brothers Sell Store

O’Connor & McCarville Trade for Moorland Property

This Change Will Take Place At Once – 160 Acres of Land Figures in the Exchange

A large real estate transaction is about to be closed by which the firm of O’Connor & McCarville, real estate dealers, become owners of the general merchandise and grain business of Conway Brothers at Moorland. The deal includes the buildings of the firm and was the result of a trade of 160 acres of valuable land in the vicinity of Storm Lake. The value of the land is given at $70 per acre.

Just what the plans of Messrs. David and Eustace Conway are for the future is not known yet. It is the intention of the firm who now own the stock to place P.A. McCarville at the head and conduct it the same as it was when owned by Messrs. Conway.

Tags: , , , ,