Posts Tagged ‘DeLaura’


New Auto Co. Decides to Build

   Posted by: admin    in Automobile, Business

The Fort Dodge Messenger: July 2, 1903

New Auto Co. Decides to Build

Has Purchased Site 200 by 160 Feet, West of Great Western Round House.

Start Work at Once.

Plans Are Now Being Prepared and Work on Machine Shop Will Commence Next Week – Four Buildings Are Contemplated.

The DeLaura Auto Manufacturing company will at once begin the erection of its plant in Fort Dodge on a site just west of the Great Western round house, where a piece of land 200 by 160 feet has been purchased. A side track will be run to the site of the new factory by the railroad company.

Final arrangements regarding the purchase of the site were made at a meeting of the board of directors of the new company held on Wednesday evening, at which Mr. DeLaura was present.

The buildings which will ultimately comprise the plant are a machine shop and boiler room, a paint shop, a blacksmith and wood working shop and a foundry. The first two will be erected at once. The machine shop will be 35 by 100 feet in dimensions, with an addition for the boiler room and the pain shop will be 35 by 60 feet.

Work on the plant will be hurried along as fast as possible. Plans are now being prepared, and it is hoped that it will be possible to commence work on the machine shop which will first be erected by next week, and that the factory can begin operations within five or six weeks.

(Editor’s note: This company was first mentioned on June 19, 1903.)

Tags: ,